The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring!

what could be better than a nice spring day in vermont? to wake up early and still have it be light...to settle down after work (well, on that one day a week i work) and still have time to go outside with the kids...to know that summer is on it's way...

it sure is nice.

The LORD is my Shepherd

This is amongst my favorite sermons. 5 words (4 if you use hebrew)...5 words and there's a whole sermon.

The LORD:

when you see "LORD" (instead of Lord) in your bible the writer is using the hebrew Name for God "I am". He is the One who is faithfully present. He's always there. He's never not going to be there. He is constant. No shifting sands, no prevelent winds. He is. He always was and He always will be. He will never not be. He is dependable. He will never let you down. it is who He is.

Is:

not maybe. not hopefully. not "if we're good enough". not if...i do this or that first. it is definite. i belong to Him and He belongs to me and there is nothing that can separate us.

The LORD is...

My:

i know it is true...there are 6 billion people in the world and He is able to be the Shepherd to each and every one of us...but

The LORD IS MY SHEPHERD!

The One who is always there...who will never let me down or disappoint me...the One who is Steady and Faithful and Dependable and Trustworthy--He is the One who is my Shepherd. He is the One who will feed me and protect me. He is the One who will chase away the bad guys. He is the One who will come after me when i am straying.

thanks be to God who constantly causes me to walk in triumphal procession.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes,Yes,Yes HE is with us through good and bad times thank you thank you I don't know what I'd do without YOU.

05:11  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home