The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Saturday, September 30, 2006

A New Way to Think About Faith

i believe that if i jumped off a building i would go tumbling to the ground at 9.8 f/s (or what ever it is...) and crash to the ground and leave a crater and half my brains on the ground.

that's the truth...
i don't have to test it.
i don't question it.
it is true.

if i chose not to believe it...and jumped...



it would still be true. me believing it or not believing it doesn't change it's reality.

i believe Christianity to be true.

Jesus is who He says He is...

the Bible is what it says it is.

God is.

that's it.

my belief or lack of belief doesn't change that reality.

He will always be real. He will always be real.

He will always be real.

nothing and no one can change that.

so i could sit around mentally wrestling with it...

or i could just accept it.

that's why i don't go jumping off of buildings.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jumping off a building is a concrete event and has been observed by many and therefore can be trusted because someone else has "tested" it. How do i walk in the belief that God is truth? I've "jumped" out in faith and fallen flat on my face so many times I think I have a permanently flattened nose and am feeling a little flat myself.

16:05  
Blogger PMike. said...

i've observed God's working in my life. as i thoughtfully, truthfully, prayerfully examined the times i've "jumped out in faith and fallen flat on my face"...i was doing what i wanted God to say to do...not what God was actually saying to do.

in alot of ways i've just pared things down in my life and i've stopped trying to figure out what God is saying...bc i've messed it up enough times that it was give up or...die. or give up the faith.

God tells me to:

be kind.
be gracious.
forgive.
do for others as you would like them to do for you.

over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

and over and over and over and over and over.

the point of the post was to say... this is who God is. He has said so. it wasn't so much talking about "what God says"...bc that is very difficult to prove.

but He told Who He is...

you, my anonymous friend (and how i wish you weren't anonymous...you can always email me...or if you know me, call me),

you are wrestling a match that cannot be won and doesn't have to take place. allow God to love you fully and truly and only...

He has promised to do so...and He will do it.

18:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous, Try baby steps. One day at a time. Wrap yourself in his word. Wrap believers around you. Trust Him! Your life will change. It won't always be good. But with Him you can get through everything. Just cling to Him. Sending prayers and love your way.

11:37  
Blogger PMike. said...

thanks for that anon @1:37

13:37  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home