The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Song Up

at www.myspace.com/sunlightsplatters

Stand Oblivious

My mind races it plods and paces the floor to the door
to shut in spaces of my heart in the dark and I must face it alone
here in the shell, I hear the bell; the tone of alone
in my own private hell, of my heart in the dark,
and I must face it alone

this cage can enrage the calmest of people, the walls of this stall even under the steeple
can smother a brother, a sister, while others surround them

my mind jerks that’s the way that it works; snap shots and crap shots and malevolent spurts like sparks in the dark
and I can’t face it alone
reliving the sorrow of each dark tomorrow, shamelessly blaming refusing to borrow
a spark for the dark and I must face it alone

the spell of shell in which one’s entrenched the beauty of duty
to brave it’s dark stench
can smother a brother, a sister, while others surround them

I don’t mean to demean or condemn but it seems
the slough of despond is a deep, deep stream
that can mire a swimmer who tries to deliver
his life from the strife of every day’s river
but can’t get a grip and struggles and slips and groping for hope
he stumbles and trips
and falls down the hall where his nothing is waiting
his heart in the dark, but at least it’s still beating
and I can’t face it alone (I need someone)
I can’t face it alone

This tomb is the womb in spite of rebirth,
a mind can be blind to knowing it’s worth;
it can smother a brother a sister while others stand oblivious

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How sad, but true for many of us

16:14  
Blogger PMike. said...

we must make sure we are there for each other. that's what the song is about.

i hope you listened to it, too.

18:51  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home