The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Isaiah 53:5

when Jesus was pierced, He was pierced because of my sins--not for His own.

when the nails were driven into His hands and feet, when the thorns were pressed into His head, when the spear was thrust into His side, He was doing something for me--purchasing my salvation.

when He was crushed, He was crushed for all of my rebellion against God--not for His own.

the peace i now enjoy as a follower of Jesus Christ was purchased not by me, but by Jesus taking the punishment that i deserved.

it is thru His wounds that i am healed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home