The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

What Kind of Friend Are You?

What kind of a friend could pull a knife When it's him or you and his kids need shoes?
What kind of friend would do you in When the bomb goes off and the shelter's his?
What kind of friends do friends become When the musical chairs get down to one?
What kind of friend could I become? What kind of friend am I?

What kind of friend would tell you lies To spare you from the bitter truth?
What kind of friend could stoop so low As to shield your eyes from the mirror's gaze?
What kind of friends do friends become When a blind eye turns on the damage done?
What kind of friend could I become? What kind of friend am I?

What kind of friend survives the night In a frightened sense of self-defence?
What kind of friend can take the ache Of losing face for friendship's sake?
What kind of friend do friends become When the heart says "kill" and the soul says "love"? What kind of friend could I become?
What kind of friend am I?

by Mark Heard...RIP

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly I want to be able to rely on my freinds enough to know that they will confront me with the bitter truth when I am blinde by my own self defense/defiance I need people in my life to show me the mirror and say this is what I see and let's talk about it.

06:25  
Blogger PMike. said...

*ahem* you've opened the door! LOL! you should have made your comment anonymous!!! ;-)

07:32  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well...I would hope that it would be with the fruit of the spirit you know...patience,kindness,gentleness..is there a long line of friends that have been waiting for this go ahead or something?

11:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember some verses that pertain to friends that talk about accountability like Proverbs 27:17 "As an iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend" and Proverbs 27:5 "Open rebuke as better than love carefully concealed" and Proverbs 27:9 "...and the sweetness of a man's friend gives delight by hearty coundel" so I encourage us all to be each others friends and reach out so that as one we can reach out to the lost with a strong perwonal witness.

11:58  
Blogger PMike. said...

who is that other eleanor?

that is an awesome quote.

07:41  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home