The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

If I Could Count...

if i could count all the times the Lord showed me He was kind
and piled them up
like some little kid's blocks

they'd touch the sky...
they'd touch the sky
if i piled them high
they would touch the sky

if i picked up a stone each time i felt all alone
but then knew He was near
and i don't need to fear

and they were dropped in a sack
all the stones blue and black
i think i'd break my back
trying to carry that sack

if i could count all my sins, like some drunk counts his gin
and added them up
in a giant brown cup

but they're down the drain
my sins, he poured down the drain
there's not even a stain
they are all down the drain

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home