The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

LOVE>love = Obedience

in blue like jazz, don miller first tells the story of how his pastor, rick, struggled with accepting God's grace. it proved to be such a struggle for rick that, when he felt he could struggle no more, he attempted suicide. the attempt was unsuccessful and his life was changed thru it. miller goes on to write:

"Rick says that i will love God because He first loved me. I will obey God because I love God. But if I cannot accept God's love, I cannot love Him in return, i cannot obey Him. Self discipline will never make us feel righteous or clean; accepting God's love will. " (pg 86)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home