The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Joy, Joy, Joy...

life isn't always peaches and cream, it's true. but the message of the Incarnation is God is with us. what could be better than that? no matter what we go thru...no matter what we feel like...no matter how we are dealt with by people...no matter if we get what we want or not...

no matter.

God is with us.
He will not leave us.
He will not forsake us.
He will not forget about us.
He will not abandon us to our folly.

He will always be here.
He will always be there.
He will always listen for our call.
He will always answer our call (when we listen for Him).

that assurance and re-assasurance produces joy.

thanks for your answers on the last post...they were right on.

Habakkuk 3:1-2 (MSG) 1 A prayer of the prophet Habakkuk, with orchestra: 2 God, I've heard what our ancestors say about you, and I'm stopped in my tracks, down on my knees. Do among us what you did among them. Work among us as you worked among them. And as you bring judgment, as you surely must, remember mercy.

Habakkuk 3:17-19 (MSG) 17 Though the cherry trees don't blossom and the strawberries don't ripen, Though the apples are worm-eaten and the wheat fields stunted, Though the sheep pens are sheepless and the cattle barns empty, 18 I'm singing joyful praise to God. I'm turning cartwheels of joy to my Savior God. 19 Counting on God's Rule to prevail, I take heart and gain strength. I run like a deer. I feel like I'm king of the mountain! (For congregational use, with a full orchestra.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you , again. When God speaks to me I am truly lifted up. I get caught looking at my circumstances and get dragged down. If everyone else should abandoned me I will not worry because that's only the icing on the cake of life. I still feast on the double fudge chocolate cake of God's love and consistant presence in my life. (BTW I obviously love chocolate.)Thank you PMike for being yielded to God's direction and for continuing to communicate to all of us via this blog. God bless.

06:17  
Blogger PMike. said...

double fudge frosted cake of God's love...

that's in the bible, right?

thanks for your post! i thought it was great.

06:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home