The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Good Stuff

2 Samuel 7:28 (CEV)
Lord All-Powerful, you are God. You have promised me some very good things, and you can be trusted to do what you promise.

the longer i am a christian, the more i focus on God's promises. i'm convinced that whatever it is that i go thru, God has promised me something about it. whatever trouble i encounter, God speaks thru His word about it's "solution". i put "solution" in quotes bc rarely does God send an instant ready answer to my problems...it's more of a "be still and know that I am God" sort of thing.

but in the big scheme of things, that is more than enough. bc that's what we really need to do...we need to be still and know that God is God...

He is God...
He knows your situation.
He cares about your situation.
He is able to change your situation.
if He doesn't, it's bc you need to be in your situation so you can change.

this produces a wonderful sense of trust in me...

when i was little, i would get nervous trying something new...but when my dad was watching... i thought, "hey, this will be all right...my dad wouldn't let something bad happen to me...i guess i can do this".

God knows.
God cares.
God changes...me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very true sense of who God is & how much He cares about all His children! Thanks for the encouragement today!

08:48  
Blogger PMike. said...

you are welcome, me.

10:42  
Blogger ctf said...

Thanks! Those are good and true words.

11:51  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now thats more like it wonderful though to ponder! glad your back!!!

19:24  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home