The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ain't no Disco

And I wish I had a map
that would lead me down this narrow path
And show me all the booby traps…
That’s life during wartime

My heart beats and jumps in my shirt
As I lie down there in the dirt
And I didn’t think it would really hurt, like this…but

That’s life during wartime

There are friends, and there are enemies
But when the bullets fly, it’s all the same you see
You just cover your head and say, “no, no, no, not me…”
That’s life during wartime

Chorus

A promise was given to I…
That I may perish, but I’ll never die…
It just gets so cold when the marsh gets high…
But that’s life, during wartime

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home