The Morgan Church Devotional

a pastor's thoughts about...uhm...stuff

Name:
Location: Morgan, VT., United States

follower of Jesus. husband & father. friend. pastor.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

first day...first thoughts.

i'm not a big fan of the beginning of year promises...or promises in general for that matter. i do make them when it is appropriate...marriage promises, ordination promises...promises to my kids...but everyday promises? unwise, if you ask me. the whole idea being--they are hard to keep and if you can't keep them, you shouldn't make them.

that being said, it is my intent to keep this devotional journal on a regular (daily) basis. most days i will base it on thoughts prompted thru daily bible reading-- this year i am using "the daily devotional bible"...if you read each days readings (one each from the OT, NT Ps and Proverbs) you will read thru the bible in a year. however, that may not always be the case--perhaps it will be something else i've read or heard or thought about or saw on tv. for instance, the king in the new BK commercials is quite creepy.

you are welcomed to read along...to comment in agreement or dissent...to add your own thoughts or ask me (or the group) questions. you can call me mike (or pastor mike) if you know me as mike or jake if you know me as jake... the only rules are to be respectful and you cannot correct my grammer or spelling. me know how to right good most times i want to...

we will begin tmw (jan 2) with Gen 1:1-2:25; Ps 1:1-6; Pr 1:1-7; Mt 1:1-25.

blessings.

mike.

2 Comments:

Blogger ctf said...

I agree. The BK King is very creepy!!!

I choose not to make resolutions, just set goals for the New Year. This years is to start singing again.

14:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching the Ellen show and she had a great comment about new years resolutions why at just new years why not make them in july or october? also if you break it do you have to wait a whole year to re-do it? we christians goof,pray,say we are sorry and know we can try again right then!and also try not to do again!all thanks to Jesus.

20:33  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home